What’s not to love about these tasty pitta pizzas? Ideal for kids or perfect as a low-cal snack they are also reall easy to make and super quick! A great alternative to shop bought pizzas!
Prep: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
What you need:
6 essential Waitrose White Pittas
200g tub Waitrose Vine Ripened Tomato Salsa
250g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
2 tbsp Waitrose Italian Taggiasca Olives, plus 1 tbsp oil from the jar
100g pack Waitrose Italian Cooked Ham
150g Waitrose Grated Mozzarella
Basil leaves, to garnish
What you need to do:
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC, gas mark 7. Place the pitta breads
- on a large baking sheet and spoon over the salsa.
- Toss together the sliced mushrooms, olives and oil from the jar. Spoon on top of the salsa.
- Tear the ham and sprinkle over then finally scatter the cheese on top. Bake for 10 minutes until the cheese has melted and the pizzas are heated through.
- Garnish with basil leaves and serve with a leafy salad.
Top tip: If serving the pitta pizzas to young children, opt for pitted black olives or try other colourful toppings such as sweetcorn and red peppers which they like.
Recipe from waitrose.com
See more family friendly recipes below: