When it comes to life’s worries and problems, sharing your concerns and thoughts with your other half can instantly make you feel better. As they say, a problem shared, is a problem halved!
If you’ve been putting off talking about your bladder sensitivity, it’s time to get your partner on board. Not only will it take a load of your shoulders just by talking about it, but their support and understanding will help to give you the confidence to make the most out of every day. And remember, 1 in 3 women over the age of 18 have a sensitive bladder – so you’re not alone.
Here are some helpful tips on how to have the conversation:
- Be the first to bring it up – explain that you need to go to the loo more often than you used to. Your partner may have commented on your frequent trips to the bathroom, or your reluctance to join him in certain activities, so this is a great place to start. This will also help you to explain any changes in your behaviour or confidence levels, giving him a better idea of how bladder sensitivity is affecting you.
- Help him to understand a bit more about bladder sensitivity – so he can give you loads of support! Tell him about your symptoms and let him know how they make you feel.
- Remember that lots of women, of all ages, experience bladder sensitivity – so let your partner know this. Have a chat about the common causes and the symptoms, and encourage him to ask questions.
- Reassure him that bladder sensitivity is easy to manage – help him to feel confident that there’s so much you can do to make sure nothing stops you from living life to the full. Telling him about the Always Discreet range, which offers brilliant protection for sensitive bladder, will show him that those little leaks are nothing to worry about.
- Remind your partner when he needs to support you – make sure he’s aware when you need his practical or emotional support. Let him know that it’s the little things in life that make all the difference, like stopping for breaks on long car journeys, booking you an aisle seat on an aeroplane or at the cinema or a concert, and bringing you a herbal tea or a glass of water instead of caffeinated drinks or a glass of wine. This will make sure the two of you continue to enjoy living life to the full – together!
Go to alwaysdiscreet.co.uk to request your free Always Discreet sample.