To celebrate ‘100 years of glamour’, Max Factor has been recreating some iconic beauty looks on A-list muse Gwyneth Paltrow, from Audrey Hepburn to Madonna.
Now comes the turn of Marilyn Monroe – think a ’40s red lip and luscious lashes with a modern makeover. We reckon it’s the perfect jingle belle look for the party season. Here’s how to recreate it!
1. Create a flawless base with Max Factor Lasting Performance Foundation. Apply with a brush and concentrate on T-zone and problem areas for a pared back skin look that lets the eyes and lips do the talking.
2. Gently dust Crème Puff in Translucent all over for expert shine control and sealing the foundation.
3. Add a touch of forties femininity by enhancing your cheekbones using Flawless Perfection Blush in Natural. Apply with a brush using soft strokes and gently build up the colour.
4. Create a neutral toned eye-look so the emphasis is all on the lashes. Apply Masterpiece Colour Precision Eyeshadow in Pearl Beige across the inner and upper lid using your fingers to blend. Switch to the darker shade of Colour Precision Eyeshadow in Coffee to enhance eye shape and exaggerate out the outer corners using a small brush.
6. This look requires volumised lashes that look precise and polished. Use Clump Defy Mascara in Black and build the lashes with several layers paying particular attention to the upper outer corner lashes for a look that oozes forties glamour.
7. Line the lips and then fill using Colour Elixir Lipstick in Bewitching Coral. Use a small brush applicator for precision application, and build gradually for rich and colour saturated lips.
8. Don’t forget your nails! Add the essential finishing touch with Glossfinity Nail Polish in feminine Cute Coral.