Who doesn’t love bagging a great deal? You may have already signed up to one or two daily deals’ sites, but there are new ones launching all the time. Here are Money Expert, Andrea’s, current top 10 websites for deal-loving shoppers:
1. Wowcher Launched in 2011, its unique selling point is that it only offers deals on luxurious treats such as massages, theatre tickets and cookery classes. You can sign up for deals relevant to your closest town or county (51 to choose from), or simply search for ones available nationwide.
2. Groupon Probably the best-known of the daily deals sites, it launched in 2008 and features time-limited offers. Customers get the deal by buying vouchers or coupons for the discount in the allotted time frame. They then use these vouchers to purchase the item or experience directly with the company at a later date.
Again, you can search by city or county (61 to choose from), and it features up to 70% off on anything from trips abroad to fruit trees.
3. BespokeOffers A recently launched site from Barclaycard. You don’t need a Barclaycard to join and you can tailor the offers to your preferences and location. All the deals are from brands you’ll recognise such as Odeon Cinemas, House of Fraser and British Airways.
4. Offeroftheday.co.uk This site is different in that it doesn’t negotiate its own deals from companies, but merely collates the best deals currently available from the UK’s leading retailers, with some goods reduced by up to 90%.
5. 007dailydeals A smaller deals’ site, offering localised offers for 17 cities, including London, Liverpool, Birmingham and Essex, as well as nationwide deals. Deals range from discounts off e-cigarette kits and makeover days to pilot training and matching underwear.
6. KGBDeals Currently offering either nationwide daily deals or localised ones in 25 cities including Derby, Sheffield and Brighton. Expect to find a lot of offers on cosmetic beauty treatments such as cryo-lipo and teeth-whitening, as well as money off weekends away and spa breaks.
7. LivingSocial This is marketed as the daily deal website specialising in lifestyle experiences and features a deal per day in multiple cities in the UK and Ireland. The offers featured are up to 90% off at restaurants, bars, spas, comedy clubs, sporting events, theaters and short breaks away.
8. HereForADay Just as the name suggests, this deal site literally features one deal each day on one product for the home and family. This one deal appears at midnight and is only available for 24 hours or until it’s sold out.
9. DealTastic.co.uk Launched in 2010, this lower profile deal site is similar to HereForADay in that it features one new deal a day across items that are available to customers nationwide. The deals tend to be mostly on practical things like batteries, door bells or torches or on gifts like remote control cars.
10. Today’s Great Deal Not only does this site offer localised deals for cities such as Belfast, Glasgow and London, but it also has a special Wedding Fayre tab for great discounts on anything from venues and car hire to photographers and videographers.
Andrea Ventress, Money Expert
HAVE YOUR SAY! Have you got a favourite daily deals site we missed off this list? If so, make sure you add a comment in the box below. Plus, if you’ve got a great money saving tip, send it to our money expert for a chance to win £25!