These pancakes are super quick and easy to make and use only store cupboard essentials. In fact you only need three ingredients! They are flourless and gluten free and each batch makes three pancakes that are the perfect snack size! If you want to make enough for two or three people simply double or triple the recipe.
They are the ideal breakfast, snack or healthy treat for the kids.
Teaspoon of cocoa powder
Optional chocolate syrup
- With a fork mash up your banana in a bowl until it’s a soft mushy consistency
- Over the top of the banana crack your egg and mix together
- Add the cocoa powder and mix
- Put your non-stick pan on the hob (optional – add a tiny bit of oil to prevent sticking and wipe over the cool pan with a kitchen towel)
- Turn up the heat and make sure it gets really hot, then using a ladle or large spoon pour into the pan and leave to brown before flipping
- Serve hot and with chocolate sauce on top
- Always use the same ratio of egg to banana for the right consistency
- Make sure you have a non-stick pan when cooking pancakes as the egg can easily stick. We used a ceramic pan in this video.
- Make sure your pan is really hot before adding the mixture otherwise the egg will run or scramble rather than set
- If you want to you can add a teeny bit of oil on a kitchen towel and run around the pan to prevent sticking before you cook
- Top your pancake with fruit, chocolate sauce or some naughty ice cream!