Getting in shape doesn’t have to be boring – and it means you can add daily treats to you diet!
Doing extra exercise allows you to offset the calories burned, so you can indulge in extra little treats. Here are some easy ways to earn your favourite snacks.
•Spring clean – Really put your back into it and Hoover and dust the whole house.
Burns 250 cals for 60 mins = 3 McVitie’s Chocolate Digestive Biscuits
• Walk it – Don’t take the car to the shops, go on foot instead and walk at as brisk a pace as you can manage.
Burns 125 cals for 30 mins = 30g bag Snack-A-Jacks Caramel Rice Cakes
• Get sexy – Moderately intensive lovemaking is a great way to get fit!
Burns 120 cals for 30 mins = 30g bag Twiglets
• Dance around – Pop on your favourite CD and dance around the living room while no one else is at home!
Burns 300 cals for 30 mins = 4 Jacob’s Cream Crackers spread with 20g butter
• Home makeover – Move around the furniture in your living room or bedroom and give it a whole new look
Burns 360 cals for 60 mins = 1 Gregg’s sausage roll
• Be a diva – Release your inner pop star and sing your cheesiest tracks into your hairbrush. The more you laugh while doing it, the more calories you’ll burn!
Burns 130 cals for 30 mins = 125g pot Ambrosia Creamed Rice Pudding
• Great outdoors – Get out the lawnmower, the hedge trimmer and the hoe and tidy up your garden
Burn 180 cals for 60 mins = 4 McVitie’s Jaffa Cakes
• Car wash – Clean all that winter dirt and grime off your car and Hoover and dust the inside too.
Burns 240 cals for 60 mins = 9 chunks Cadbury’s Daily Milk Chocolate
• Child’s play – Go back to your childhood and run around the garden playing tag or football with your kids.
Burns 175 cals for 30 mins = 32g bag Walkers Cheese & Onion, Salt & Vinegar or Ready Salted crisps