Doctor Q&A: No help out there for me

Q Many years ago, my doctor said I had IBS but, even though I know this, I have terrible symptoms and my doctor does not seem interested. Is there anything I can try?’

IBS or irritable bowel syndrome is common and can cause bloating, cramping and diarrhoea or constipation.

It is thought that the gut is extra-sensitive and normally your GP will do some blood tests and sometimes a stool test.

It is a condition where you use different medications and change in your diet to help your specific symptoms.

A food diary is useful in identifying your triggers sometimes and stress can make your symptoms. For a personalised self-management programme I suggest you contact The IBS Network

Dr Radha Modgil

HAVE YOUR SAY! Have you got more advice to offer on this question? If so, make sure you add a comment in the box below. If you’ve got a question for one of our experts, you can also post that below as well.

Got a problem? Email Radha with your question now