This is a real walk down memory lane!
1.When Elvis became the one that got away
Elvis Presley married his sweetheart Priscilla in 1967, and rather than rejoicing, his legions of female fans were in mourning. While it was doubtful that any of them could have bagged the King of Pop as a boyfriend, there was always that glimmer of hope. That was until he put a ring on it.
2. When movie effects became supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Move over CGI, in the 60s it was all about the cartoon/film mash-up that was the Disney classic Mary Poppins. The 1964 film burst onto the big screen with more colour than a Dulux advert.
3. When Barbra Streisand wore THAT outfit to the Academy Awards
Attendees at the 1969 Oscars certainly got an eyeful when acting legend Barbra Streisand collected her Best Actress gong for Funny Girl!
4. When mastering Twiggy’s eye makeup was the equivalent to a stint on The Island with Bear Grylls
If you thought the Adele eyeliner flick was hard, then spare a thought for women growing up in the 60s. Spider lashes + eyeshadow + white eyeliner = a whole lotta work. And it seems that the struggle is as real as ever with countless tutorials on YouTube dedicated to this very subject.
5. When the cheese and pineapple hedgehog was EVERYTHING!
6. When your evening’s entertainment consisted of this…
7. When having a ‘mouse problem’ meant…
choosing which one of these to eat!
8. When this cute picture of Neil Armstrong without his helmet…
became the most exciting thing about the moon landing!
9. When you were too shy to flirt with your crush…
so you let this game do the talking instead!
10. When Ken Barlow looked like this!
Everyone who was anyone, tuned into the first episode of Coronation Street on the 9th December 1960.