Whip up a batch of these tasty, fruity hearts for your loved one this Valentine’s Day.
YOU WILL NEED:
100g Stork packet, straight from the fridge
125g plain flour + extra for dusting
100g caster sugar
1 egg yolk
To finish: tablespoons raspberry jam
You will also need: Baking and cooking utensils: 2 large baking sheets, greased ; 2 heart shaped cookie cutters (1 large and 1 very small)
HOW TO MAKE THEM:
1. Preheat oven to 180°C, 160°C fan oven, Gas mark 4.
2. Cut the Stork into small pieces.
3. Sieve the flour into a large bowl and then add the sugar, egg yolk and Stork. Mix with a wooden spoon, hand mixer or cold hands quickly to create a firm dough (mix thoroughly but not for too long). Wrap the dough in foil and leave in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4. Dust the work surface with a little flour and roll out the dough until it is about 4 mm thick. Use the large cookie cutter to cut 24-30 hearts from the dough.
5. From half the hearts cut out a small heart shape from the middle to obtain a heart-shaped hole. Place the hearts (the small ones too) on the greased baking sheets. Fold any dough scraps together, roll them out again, and cut more hearts out.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until cooked and golden brown. The cookies are still soft when they come out of the oven but will harden up as they cool. Leave the cookies to cool on the baking sheets.
7. Spread the big hearts without holes evenly with raspberry jam. Lay the hearts with holes directly on top. The extra baked mini hearts you can eat as you go along or use as a topping on a dessert.