Mrs Patmore has been impressing the Crawley family for decades with her delicious dinners and mouthwatering puds at Downton Abbey.
Now the real Mrs Patmore (aka actress Lesley Nicol) is set to impress with her very own recipe for Pistachio and Lemon Friands. The recipe is below so you can give them a go at home…
Makes approx. 30 little cakes.
- 150g butter diced
- 150g icing sugar
- 80g pistachios
- 60g plain flour
- 1 large egg and 3 egg whites
- 2 tbs clear honey
- Finely grated zest of one large lemon
> 1 x 24 hole mini muffin tin, lightly greased
> Disposable piping bag
Preheat oven to 160Cfan/180C/350F/GM4
- Melt butter in a small saucepan until foaming and nutty in colour, remove from heat and set aside.
- Put pistachios, flour and icing sugar in a food processor and process until powdery.
- Transfer the nuts to a bowl and pour over the butter, mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Add whole egg and the egg whites, lemon zest and honey and mix again to a smooth batter.
- Either pipe or spoon the mixture into the mini muffin tin, stopping at 2mm before top. There will be mixture left over.
- Bake for 15 minutes until risen and golden brown. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
Looking for more celebrity baking secrets? Check out these recipes from some (very) famous faces…