This Chocolate Digestive Cake recipe is perfect for chocoholics or anyone that can’t resist a biscuit with a cup of tea! Use your favourite tea time treat to create this irresistible bake – yum!
- 20 minute preparation, refrigerate for 60 minutes
- 200g McVitie’s Digestives biscuits
- 110g whole pecans, roughly chopped
- 110g pistachio nuts, peeled
- 150g unsalted butter
- 1tbsp golden syrup
- 300g good quality dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa)
- Break half of the McVitie’s Digestive biscuits into small pieces in a bowl.
- Add the majority of the pecans and pistachios, setting some aside for garnishing the top of the cake.
- Melt the chocolate, golden syrup and butter in a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water. Once melted, add the biscuit and nut mix to the chocolate.
- Line a loaf tin with clingfilm, leaving extra film at the edges so that you can turn out the cake later.
- Halve each of the remaining biscuits. Arrange into three piles and spread a tiny amount of the mixture in between each layer. Carefully place each pile in the tin.
- Slowly pour the mixture into the tin and over the biscuit piles. Put a piece of greaseproof paper over the mixture and use the palm of your hand to compress it down firmly into the tin.
- Sprinkle the top with the extra nuts and leave in the fridge for about one hour to firm up.
- Use the overlapping clingfilm to remove the cake from the tin and cut into slices to serve.
Find more amazing chocolate recipes here…