An fantastic bread recipe that is sure to impress friends and family!
- 170ml water, at room temperature
- 140ml natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp salt
- 425g strong plain flour, plus a little extra for dusting
- 50g ground almonds
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- 50g caster sugar
- 1½ tsp fast-acting dried yeast
- 40g pecan nuts, roughly chopped
- 25g dried cranberries
- Lightly grease a baking tray and preheat the oven to 220˚C/Gas 7 when proving is nearly complete. Place all the ingredients in the bread maker pan, starting with the water, and close the lid. Make sure the yeast is separated from the liquid by adding it after the flour.
- Touch Menu and select programme 8: Dough.
- When the programme is complete, lift out the pan and tip the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Shape into a round, flatten slightly and place onto the greased baking tray. Cut criss-cross lines on top of the dough. Cover with greased cling film and leave to prove in a warm place for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Sprinkle with a little flour and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the bread is dark brown and sounds hollow when tapped underneath. Cool on a wire rack
TIP: YOU CAN USE INDIVIDUAL SACHETS OF DRIED ACTIVE YEAST OR MEASURE IT OUT FROM LARGER PACKETS – WE HAVE USED BOTH IN OUR RECIPES.
This recipe is from Lakeland.