Show off your creative side with these amazing cookie monster cupcakes. Easy to make and at 42p per cake, there’s no excuse not to try it out!
YOU WILL NEED
100g caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
250g plain flour
½ tablespoon baking powder
12 chocolate chip cookies
Blue food colouring
1 packet desiccated coconut
Prep time: 40
Cook time: 20
Cost per serving: 42p
HOW TO DO IT
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/ Gas mark 4. Place 12 paper muffin cases in a muffin tin.
2. Mix together the butter, caster sugar, vanilla extract, milk, flour, baking powder and eggs until well combined. Spoon the mixture unto the tins.
3. Bake for 20 minutes. After baking remove from the oven and allow to cool.
4. Dye the frosting and coconut to the desired colour using the blue food colouring.
5. Use an ice-cream scoop to get the right shape for the frosting before dipping it in the coconut.
6. Cut a slice from near the bottom of the frosting and push a cookie in.
7. Make the eyes using melted white chocolate to create a circle and then dark chocolate to make another circle in the middle – it’s a simple as that. You’re sure to impress your friends and family with these cookie monster cupcakes!
Like this? Try this:
Gooseberry meringue tart Add a twist to the classic British tart