It’s weigh-day Friday!!
Tah-dah! Drum roll please! Happy to report this week I’ve lost 2lb! So that’s the pound I put on over my very bad Easter weekend plus one more – so that’s 11lb in total – only 3lb to go for a stone and a bit more Diet Club bling – bring on that gold rosette.
Last night I cooked from scratch. I try to at least a couple of times a week (time permitting) and I rustled-up this delicious (if I say so myself) dinner. It’s a Donna Hay recipe. I love her food, it’s really simple, tasty and fast. I entered all the ingredients into my food diary, added up the calories and it worked out at 392 a portion (this recipe serves 4) which I didn’t think was too bad for an evening meal! And as I like to share everything with my followers I thought I’d share the recipe too.
Chicken with Pancetta and Lentils
You will need
* Around 1kg chicken thigh fillets
* 2 x 390g tins green lentils in water, rinsed and drained
* Couple of handfuls cherry tomatoes
* 2 leeks, sliced
* 130g pack pancetta cubes or rashers, roughly chopped
* 250ml chicken stock
* 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
How to do it
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4.
2. Season and fry the thighs in a tiny splash of olive oil in an oven-proof frying pan for 7-8 minutes until browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Add the bacon, leeks and tomatoes to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes. Stir-in the rinsed and drained lentils.
4. Put the chicken back in the pan and pour over the stock. Add the rosemary and place in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
Easy peasy! And the whole family loved it! Oooh- but when you serve your portion remember to remove the skin – yes I know it’s the best bit, but it’s also the most calorific. Enjoy!
Have a great weekend and remember…’little pickers wear big knickers!’
To catch up on my latest blog click here