Celebrate the arrival of summer with this deliciously light strawberry tart! Top with as many summer fruits as you like.
YOU WILL NEED
350g ready-made sweet shortcrust pastry
flour, for rolling out
150ml double cream
1 tbsp lemon curd
½ punnet strawberries
Handful of blueberries, raspberries & blackberries
2tbsp strawberry jam, without any whole strawberries in it
HOW TO DO IT
- Pre-heat oven to 180C/Gas 4. Roll the pastry out on a floured surface until it’s 1 inch thick. Cut round an upturned wine glass to make 4 circles. Put each one into the tart tin.
- Put a square of greaseproof paper and some dried rice in each and pop into the oven for 25 minutes, then take paper and rice out. Leave to cool.
- Use a whisk to whisk the cream until it starts to get thick, then stir in the lemon curd.
- Pull the green hulls out of the strawberries, and cut each one carefully into slices with a small knife.
- Spoon the cream into 4 pastry cases. Arrange the strawberry slices in a spiral or in rows on top of the lemon cream and sprinkle with a mixture of raspberries, blackberries and blueberries.
- Mix the jam in a bowl with 1 tbsp hot water, then brush it over the strawberries.
For more Wimbledon recipes click here