Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 1 tbsp flour for dusting
- 250g ready roll puff pastry
- 1 whisked whole large egg, for glazing
- 75g asparagus tips
- 150g Sweet Eve strawberries, washed and halved
- 4 tbsp creme fraiche
- 2 large eggs, plus 1 extra yolk
- 10 crushed pink peppercorns
- 50g Parmigiano cheese, grated
- salt & pepper
What to do:
- Preheat your oven to 200c and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- On a floured surface, roll out the puff pastry and cut into 6 equal portions, pressing each into a shallow tart tray.
- Prick the pastry all over inside the border, brush with whisked egg mixture and bake for 12-15 minutes then remove and push down the bases inside the borders and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the creme fraiche, eggs and yolk and the parmesan together, lightly season, then empty the filling onto the chilled pastry cases.
- Arrange the asparagus tips and the strawberries over the mixture and using a pastry brush, cover the exposed pastry borders with the whisked egg mix and gently brush the asparagus and strawberries too. Sprinkle with the crushed peppercorns.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and the filling is cooked.
This recipe was created by Alex Hollywood with www.sweetevestrawberry.co.uk
Alex says “This mini quiches recipe is quick and easy – using bought puff pastry, it’s a twist on a classic quiche. Crème fraiche, eggs and pink peppercorns work together beautifully and the final result looks & tastes divine. Sometimes I like to make tiny individual tarts for picnics!”