Kids are going to love these teasy spider welsh beef burgers!
What you need:
450g (1lb) lean minced beef
1 small onion, chopped into very small pieces
5ml (1 teasp) dried mixed herbs or you can use a handful of chopped fresh herbs a sprinkle of ground black pepper
½ red pepper, chopped into very small pieces
30ml (2 tbsp) tomato ketchup or brown sauce
1 small carton of plain yogurt
15ml (1 tbsp) of mango chutney
5 ml (1 teasp) mild curry powder
4 dried apricots cut up into very small pieces
What you need to do:
- Place all of the above ingredients in a large bowl and using your hands mix well, making sure the vegetables are mixed into the meat.
- Divide the mixture into 6 and shape into burgers.
- Cook under the grill or on a baking tray in a hot oven or in a frying pan, turning once until they are brown and piping hot in the middle, approximately 10 – 15 minutes.
- To make the spiders – For legs use thin strips of peppers, carrots or cucumber and push into your cooked burger, you can use peices of peppers or tomatoes and olives for the mouth and eyes.
- To make the Creamy Apricot and Curry dip – In a small bowl mix together the yogurt with the curry powder, then add the apricots and mango chutney. Cover the bowl and keep in the fridge.
See more at eatwelshlambandwelshbeef.com
DISCOVER MORE FAMILY FRIENDLY RECIPES HERE