This Spanish chicken recipe is low is saturated fat and high in protein – so it’s a delicious guilt-free dish!
Total time (prep & cooking): 25-30 minutes
- 500g Salad/Baby potatoes (such as Charlotte or Maris Peer), halved
- 8 chicken thighs, bone removed skin on
- 100g chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
- Juice of one lemon
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 small red onions, cut into ¼’s
- 6 garlic cloves, skin on
- 1 large courgette, cut into chunks
- 200g kale, roughly chopped
- 25g pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 220*c / gas 7
- Cook the potatoes in salted boiling water until tender. Drain and leave until needed.
- With a sharp knife cut the chicken thighs in half, place onto a large tray with the potatoes, drizzle over the olive oil and season with salt and milled pepper. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add the sliced chorizo, garlic, red onions, courgette and fresh thyme. Pop back into the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove the tray again and add the kale and pop back in for 5 minutes.
- Just before serving sprinkle over the pumpkin seeds and squeeze over the juice of one lemon.
Recipe by: ‘Potatoes – more than a bit on the side’