Kids, mums, dads and everyone else will LOVE this family friendly, super tasty dinner. The bacon gives it tons of flavour and it is ready in just 30 minutes!
Serves: Family of 4-5
Cooking time: 30 mins
What you need:
1 red onion
1 garlic clove
100g smoked lardons
400g minced beef
10g Italian herb blend
400g pappardelle or pasta of your choice
1 beef stock pot
70g tomato paste
1 tin chopped tomatoes
250g baby gem
1 packet lemon and mustard seed dressing
20g grated parmesan
salt, black pepper
What you need to do:
- Peel the onion and garlic, and finely chop. Peel the carrots, use the coarse side of the grater to grate the carrots.
- Cook lardons and onions
- Heat 1tbsp of oil in a large saucepan on medium heat. Add the lardons, garlic and onion and cook for 5-7mins, until the lardons are cooked and the onion is translucent. Increase heat to high, add the beef and herb mix, brown for 3mins, stirring all the time.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. As soon as the water is boiling, cook the pasta for 4- 6mins, until just tender. Drain, toss in a splash of olive oil, season and leave in the colander.
- Once the lardons and onion are cooked, add the stock pot to th beef. Mix in the grated carrot, tomato paste and tinned tomatoes, fill the tin with water and add to the pan. Add a tsp of sugar, then turn the heat down to medium. Cook for 10mins until thickened.
- Then remove the outer leaves of the lettuce and thinly slice crosswise. In a large bowl, mix the lettuce with the honey mustard dressing. Check the seasoning and set aside until ready to serve.
- Divide the pasta between bowls. Top with the ragout, sprinkle over the parmesan and serve with the salad on the side.
Recipe by Marley Spoon, marleyspoon.co.uk and photography by Alex Freundorfer, alexfreundorfer.com
SEE MORE TASTY RECIPES HERE