This classic broccoli and chicken pasta bake is sure to become a firm family favourite. It’s quick to prepare and ideal for feeding a hungry crowd! Plus it costs under £10 to make and feeds 4!
What you need:
450g dried penne pasta (use gluten free if desired)
350g diced chicken pieces
2 tbsp. olive oil
200g cream cheese with garlic and herbs
50g red pesto
1 packet Mash Direct Broccoli with a Cheese Sauce
100g mature cheddar cheese, grated
1 slice white bread, processed into crumbs (use gluten free if desired)
What you need to do:
- Preheat oven to 175°C, 350°F, Gas Mark 4.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and add all the pasta. Return to the boil. Cook the pasta until ‘al dente’ for roughly 7 minutes. Drain the pasta and set aside in the original pan.
- Meantime, heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Cook the chicken pieces until they have started to lightly brown and are cooked through to the middle. Once the chicken is cooked, combine with the pasta in the pot.
- Add the cream cheese, red pesto and Mash Direct Broccoli with a Cheese Sauce. Stir the ingredients gently so as not to break up the broccoli florets until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a deep casserole dish (roughly 30cm x 23cm). Top with grated cheese and the breadcrumbs.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes until golden and crisp on top.