Show off at your next BBQ with our best beef burger ever recipe. Easy to make in 25 minutes, we guarantee they will be wolfed down in half that time!
YOU WILL NEED
540g/1lb 3oz minced beef chuck steak25g/1oz chopped coriander
1 onion, chopped
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 free-range egg yolk
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 slices mature Cheddar
4 tbsp mayonnaise
½ iceberg lettuce, shredded
4 ciabatta rolls
1 red onion, sliced
1 beef tomato, sliced
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
HOW TO DO IT
1. Place all the burger ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir to combine, leave in the fridge for 10 minutes for the flavours to infuse. Using your hands, shape into four equal-sized balls than squash to resemble patties.
2. Preheat the grill to a high heat. Cook the burgers under the grill for 15 minutes, or until cooked through, turning once.
3. Top each burger with a slice of cheese towards the end of the cooking time. Before serving, mix together the mayonnaise and lettuce. Cut the ciabatta rolls in half and toast under the grill on both sides.
4. Top the bottom halves of the ciabatta rolls with the lettuce and mayonnaise, followed by a slice of tomato.
5. Arrange the beefburger and cheese on top of the ciabatta, followed by a slice of red onion. Top each burger with the other halves of the ciabatta rolls and serve.
For a tasty pud click here