Ah Monday, you do come around quickly. Tempted to order in a take-away tonight? Save some cash and try our recipe for spicy chicken nasi goreng instead – it’s only £2.25 per serving.
YOU WILL NEED
3tbsp vegetable oil
6 shallots, finely sliced
3tbsp medium-hot curry paste
2 skinless chicken breasts in strips
300g freshly cooked basmati rice
1 red pepper, sliced into strips
2 spring onions, chopped
Handful fresh coriander, chopped
Kecap manis (a sweet Indonesian soy sauce), optional
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Cost per serving: £2.25
HOW TO DO IT
1. Beat the eggs together in a large bowl and season
2. Heat 1tbsp of the oil in a deep frying pan over a medium heat. Add half the beaten egg in a thin layer and cook for a few mins, until set and golden underneath.
3. Tip out, roll up and allow to cool, then finely slice.
4. Add another tsp of the oil to the pan and cook the remaining egg as before.
5. Heat the remaining oil in the pan and fry the shallows for 5 mins. Remove and drain on kitchen paper. Wipe the pan clean.
6. Heat the curry paste in the pan, add the chicken strips and stir-fry for 3-4 mins, until almost cooked.
7. Add the cooked rice, red pepper and spring onion and stir-fry for 1-2 mins. Remove from the heat and stir in the shallots and coriander.
8. Divide between wide bowls, drizzle with the kecap manis, if using, and serve with prawn crackers.
Want an indulgent dessert? Well, it is Monday after all!
Our favourite chocolate recipes Endorphin-filled desserts