Chocolate and orange don’t only go together at Christmas time! Ready in just an hour and £1.03 per serving, you can enjoy this quick and easy chocolate and orange tart all year round!
YOU WILL NEED
For the crust:
200g plain flour
100g cocoa powder
125g butter, cut into small cubes
4-5 tbsp water
For the filling:
180ml orange juice
6 egg yolks
50g dark chocolate, melted
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
Cost per serving: £1.03
HOW TO DO IT
1. Combine the flour, cocoa powder, sugar and salt. Add the butter and work into the flour with your fingertips until crumbs form. Add the water a tablespoon at a time until the mixture comes together. Wrap the dough in cling film and chill for an hour.
2. Grease a 23cm loose-bottomed tart tin. Roll out the pastry to the thickness of a £1 coin and line the tin. Prick the dough with a fork and chill for 30 mins. Preheat the oven to 180°c/Gas 4 and bake for 10 mins, or until lightly browned.
3. To make the filling, place the orange juice in a saucepan and bring to the boil. In a bowl, cream together the egg yolks, eggs and sugar then add a splash of hot juice. Pour back into the pan and return to the boil, stirring until smooth.
4. Remove from the heat and place into a blender, add the butter and blend well. Pour into the pastry tart and leave to set in the fridge,
5. Decorate the top with drizzle melted chocolate.
Serve with a Christmas cocktail!