Turn tradition on its head with these lemon and turkey meatballs. Ready in 25 minutes, why not try something new this evening?
YOU WILL NEED
500g British turkey mince
1 tbsp pine nuts
1/2 small onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
4 tbsp vegetable oil
225ml whipping cream
3 tbsp dried breadcrumbs
1 tbsp olive oil
finely grated zest and juice of 1 large lemon
salt and freshly milled black pepper
200ml chicken stock
2 heads of broccoli, cut into small florets, cooked
300g cooked pasta ribbons
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Per serving: 314 kcals, 9g fat
HOW TO DO IT
1. Cook the onion and garlic in a little oil to soften.
2. Place the mince, cooked onion, pine nuts, lemon zest, olive oil, breadcrumbs, and 1 tbsp of whipping cream into a bowl and mix well. Season well with salt and pepper.
3. Form into 20 small balls, then chill well.
4. To make the sauce, boil the chicken stock and lemon juice to reduce by 2/3rds. Add the remaining cream and reboil, the sauce should thicken straight away. You may need to add a touch of stock if the sauce thickens too much. Season well with salt and pepper, and keep warm.
5. Place a couple of tablespoons of oil into a non stick frying pan.
6. Add the meat balls and gently cook for 15 minutes to lightly brown and cook through. Serve with warm pasta and broccoli. Spoon over the hot lemon sauce.
And for dessert? How about our delicious Strawberry cheesecakes midweek and a chilled cocktail at the weekend