Taste Thailand for £3.29 with our quick and easy Thai-style chicken dish. Taking just 25 minutes from start to serving, you’ll have time for dessert!
YOU WILL NEED
1tbsp groundnut oil
3tbsp Thai curry paste
160ml coconut cream
4 skinless chicken breasts, sliced
400g tin coconut milk
2tbsp Thai fish sauce
2tbsp soft brown sugar
100h mange tout
100g baby corn, halved
100g green beans, trimmed
Splash of hot chicken stock
Juice of 1 lime, plus extra wedge to serve
Large handful of fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
Jasmine rice, to serve
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Cost per serving: £3.29
HOW TO DO IT
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the curry pasta and cook for 1 min, then add the coconut cream to the pan and cook for a further 2 mins.
2. Stir in the chicken, coconut milk, fish sauce, brown sugar, mange tout, baby corn and green bans.
3. Bring to a simmer and cook for 3-4 mins until the chicken is cooked through.
4. Add a splash of chicken stock to loosen the sauce if it’s too thick.
5. Squeeze over the lime juice and sprinkle generously with the chopped coriander.
6. Serve with the lime wedges and jasmine rice.
7. This recipe is also great with prawns instead of chicken. Serve with rice noodles instead of rice.
Enjoy this thai-style chicken? Enjoy a raspberry and almond trifle for dessert.