Chef Gennaro Contaldo says of this recipe, “Packed with colourful, healthy Mediterranean vegetables, this simple, but tasty pasta dish is perfect for a quick mid-week supper.”
- 200g penne pasta
- 80g Bertolli with Butter & extra knob
- A medium-sized red onion, finely sliced
- 1 x red pepper, sliced in thin strips
- 1 x yellow pepper, sliced in thin strips
- 1 x tablespoon capers
- 20 x black or green olives
- 260g cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
- handful of parsley, finely chopped
- grated parmesan for serving (optional)
- Place a large saucepan of slightly salted water to the boil, add the penne and cook until “al dente.”
- Melt Bertolli with Butter in a frying pan, add onion and sweat on a medium heat for about 3 minutes. Stir in capers, olives, peppers and some salt, cover with a lid and cook on a medium to low heat for about 5 minutes until the peppers have softened. Stir in the tomatoes and continue to cook for a couple of minutes.
- Drain the penne, reserving a little of the cooking water. Add the cooked penne to the sauce and toss well together with the cooking water and a knob of Bertolli with Butter. Remove from the heat and serve immediately with a little grated parmesan if desired.