Who knew you could combine two of our favourite things to create Mulled wine Hot Chocolate?! We love indulging in a warm mulled wine at Christmas, and as chocoholics, something tells us we’ll love this hot chocolate version by chocolatier Paul A Young too!
To make Mulled Wine Hot Chocolate you will need:
- 400g golden caster sugar
- 200g cocoa powder
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 5 star anise
- 8 cloves
- 500g 67% dark chocolate from the Dominican Republic, broken into pieces
- 2 clementines or satsumas, skin left on, halved
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 bottle of fruity red wine
HOW TO MAKE IT:
1. Put 500ml water, the sugar, the cocoa powder and all the spices in a pan and bring to a simmer.
2. Remove from the heat, add the chocolate and whisk well until the chocolate is fully incorporated.
3. Add the clementines and rosemary and allow to infuse for 10 minutes. Add the red wine and warm through gently.
For the perfect mulled wine hot chocolate, serve warm rather than hot.