Little ones call still join in the Halloween fun this year. Have a go at making your own homemade pumpkin puree.
YOU WILL NEED:
250g organic sweet pumpkin flesh, without seeds and skin, cut into cubes
1 clove chopped organic garlic
100g or 2 medium sized sweet organic carrots, diced
50g or half medium sized organic onion, diced
50g or 1 organic diced leek
100g or 1 medium organic diced sweet potato
half tsp ground cumin.
1 tsp ground coriander
Ground black pepper
A knob of unsalted butter
250g cooked organic cannellini beans
Serves: 6-8 portions, can be frozen
HOW TO MAKE IT:
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan and saute the diced onions & leeks, chopped garlic with the cumin and coriander until soft and slightly brown.
2. Add to the onions mixture, the diced carrots, sweet potato and pumpkin. Stir and add enough water to cover the vegetables (Try not to add too much water or the hotpot will be too watery).
3. Simmer on a gentle heat for half an hour until vegetables are soft.
4. Add the beans last and heat through.
5. Puree down with a blender until it is the right consistency for your baby.
Like this? Try this…
Something tells us your little devils will love these scary mummy cookies too!