Our broccoli soup is the perfect lunch to get you through those cold winter days. It costs £1.20 per serving and takes 45 minutes to make so why not prepare a big batch at the weekend to last the whole week.
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- x1 onion, finely chopped
- single celery stick, sliced
- one leek, sliced
- 1 medium potato, diced
- a knob butter
- a low salt OR chicken OR vegetable stock cube
- 1 head broccoli, roughly chopped
- 140g Stilton, crumbledMethod:
- Heat the rapeseed oil on a medium setting in a large saucepan. Add the chopped onion and cook until soft.
- Add the butter, celery, leek and potato to the pan and stir until the butter has melted. Cover with a lid and leave for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the stock and add the broccoli. Keeping the saucepan lid off, cook for a further 10-15 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft.
- Carefully transfer to a blender and blitz until smooth. Stir in the Stilton, allowing a few lumps to remain. Season to taste with black pepper and serve.