Recipe serves: 2
- 4 thick slices of hand-cut, crusty white bread
- Soft salted butter, for spreading
- 50g Venezuelan 72% dark chocolate
- 6 rashers honey-cured bacon
- 75g very ripe Stilton
- Preheat the grill until very hot. Lightly toast the bread on both sides, then spread with butter.
- Grate the chocolate on top and return to the grill briefly to melt. Remove and immediately put the bacon under the grill until the edges are crisp and caramelised.
- Place on top of the chocolate and finish with a generous crumbling of Stilton.
- Lay the remaining buttered slice on top and press firmly.
- Cut diagonally and enjoy
From ‘Adventures with Chocolate’ by Paul a Young. Published by Kyle Books. RRP: £14.99 Photography: Anders Schønnemann