Kids will love these simple chocolate pots with spooky tombstone cookies for Halloween.
YOU WILL NEED:
For the pots:
200ml double cream
130g dark plain chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids)
70g milk chocolate
2 tbsp liquid glucose
2 egg yolks 20g butter
100g Rachel’s Greek Style natural yogurt
To decorate – 50g Oreo cookies crushed
For the cookies:
50g Oreo cookies, crushed
180g unsalted butter, softened
112g caster sugar
1 large egg, beaten
Couple of drops vanilla extract
200g plain flour, sifted
1/2tsp baking powder
To decorate – 100g dark chocolate
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 10-15 mins
HOW TO MAKE THEM:
1. To make the chocolate pots, heat the cream, but don’t allow it to boil. Break the chocolate into a bowl and pits over the hot cream. Stir until the chocolate melts and there is a smooth consistency.
2. Add the liquid glucose, egg yolks and butter, and beat lightly to combine the ingredients into the chocolate mixture. Fold in the yogurt. Pour the mixture into the glasses and refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.
3. To make the cookies, pre-heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. Crush the Oreo cookies and then put them to one side. In a large bowl or using an electric mixer, beat the butter with the caster sugar until light and creamy. Beat in the egg and the vanilla extract. Add the flour and baking powder and blend until a soft dough is formed.
5. Add the crushed Oreo cookies to the mixture and combine fully until you have speckled looking dough. Refrigerate the dough for at least one hour (this will make it easier to roll out).
6. On a floured surface roll out the dough to ½ cm thickness. With a sharp knife, cut out tombstone shapes and place the cookies apart on the tray. Bake the cookies until the edges are slightly browned for approximately 10 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely before handling.
7. Using a small piping bag with a small plain nozzle, fill with the melted chocolate and pipe the letters RIP. Leave once again for the chocolate to set.
8. Place a RIP cookie in the centre of each glass and then sprinkle crushed Oreo cookie crumb around the biscuit to look like soil and stones. Serve immediately.
Like these? Try this:
Spider pumpkin cupcakes. Get the kids in the kitchen to make these creepy but sweet treats.