Canapés don’t always have to be posh. These mini burgers are guaranteed to be a winner at any party. Use Castello Danish Blue cheese for an oozing filling that make these bites a real crowd pleaser.
YOU WILL NEED:
110g ground rib steak (approx. 8g per burger)
12 mini brioche buns
12 small slices Castello Danish Blue
12 slices gherkins
6 teaspoons red onion jam
12 slices cherry plum tomatoes
Prep time: 60 mins
Cook time: 4 mins, 2 mins resting time
HOW TO MAKE:
- Put the ground rib steak in a bowl adding, season, mix using your hands to bind the mixture.
- Separate the mixture into 12 even balls and shape into burger patties. They should be about 1.5 inches thick and wide.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan until smoking hot and carefully place the burgers in one by one. Cook for 1 minute on each side for a pink burger (2 minutes on each side for cooked through).
- In the final minute, place a slice of blue cheese on each of the burgers, and leave to melt.
- Stack the burger on the brioche bun, starting with the red onion jam, burger and blue cheese, a slice of tomato and gherkin, finished off with a dollop of BBQ sauce.
Throwing a party? No special event is complete without cake – have a go at make your own with our easy cake recipes.