Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: About 10 minutes
- x3 the happy egg co. eggs
- 2.5ml (½tsp) Cinnamon
- 75ml (5tbsp) Semi-skimmed milk
- x3 Hot cross buns
- 12g (½oz) Butter
- 2 Pancetta/bacon rashers
- Maple syrup
- Mix together eggs, cinnamon and milk and lightly whisk together. Cut buns in half and place in egg mixture.
- Leave for 3-5 minutes until most of the egg mixture has been absorbed.
- Melt the butter and fry the buns until golden brown on each side.
- Cook the pancetta/bacon rashers under a hot preheated grill for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve eggy buns piled high with crispy pancetta and drizzle heavily with maple syrup.
This delicious recipe was made using happy eggs. The happy egg co. are committed to providing the highest possible standard of welfare for their hens, with the belief that tasty eggs come from happy hens. For more mouth-watering recipes, visit www.thehappyegg.co.uk