Just looking at this strawberry cheesecake tart by Bake Off winner Edd Kimber is making us hungry. With a crumbly base, creamy centre and fruit topping, it’s a winner all round!
YOU WILL NEED
250g Country Crisp Strawberries
125g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
250g cream cheese
70g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
150ml double cream
500g strawberries hulled and halved
30g caster sugar
Juice of 1/2 lemon
HOW TO MAKE IT:
1. Place the Country Crisp Strawberries in the bowl of a food processor and blend into a fine crumb for the base. Add the butter and process to combine evenly.
2. Lightly grease a 9-inch / 23 centimetre tart tin with a removable base and line the base with a disc of parchment paper (this helps to remove the tart later on). Press the base mixture firmly into the bottom and sides of the tin so the tart base is solid. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to set.
3. To make the cheesecake filling, place the cream cheese, caster sugar and vanilla in a large bowl and using an electric mixer or wooden spoon beat together for a few minutes until smooth and creamy.
4. In a separate bowl whisk the cream until it holds soft peaks. Add a third of the cream to the cream cheese and beat to combine. Add the remaining cream and fold together until fully combined. Spread the cheesecake mixture evenly across the base of the tart shell and pop back in the fridge whilst you make the topping.
5. For the strawberry topping, place the berries, sugar and lemon juice in a medium saucepan and cook on the hob over a medium/low heat for about 5 minutes until the sugar has dissolved and the fruit has released some juice.
6. Remove the strawberries from the pan, leaving behind all the juice. Increase the heat to medium/high and cook for a couple of minutes or until the juice has reduced and is syrupy in consistency. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
7. To serve, carefully remove the tart from the tin and place onto a serving plate, top with the strawberries and drizzle over the syrup. Serve immediately.
Like this? Try this…
You can still treat yourself if you’re trying to be good with these low calorie recipes.