No Christmas is complete without a batch of mince pies. The traditional recipe gets a fruity twist with these cranberry recipe.
YOU WILL NEED:
For the mincemeat:
100g/7oz Ocean Spray® Craisins® Dried Cranberries
1 x 400g jar mincemeat
25g/1oz chopped almonds
For the pastry:
500g/8oz plain flour
2 tbsp icing sugar
250g/9oz butter, diced
Icing sugar for dusting
Prep time: 20 mins plus chilling time
Cooking time: 15-20 mins
HOW TO MAKE THEM:
1. In a small pan, cover the Craisins® Dried Cranberries with water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Leave to cool.
2. Preheat the oven to 180*C/fan oven 160*C/Gas mark 4. Sift the flour and icing sugar into a large bowl. Add the butter and using fingertips; gently rub in to resemble breadcrumbs. Add 6-7 tbsp of cold water and mix into soft dough. Wrap in polythene film and chill for 10 minutes.
3. Drain any excess liquid from the Craisins® Dried Cranberries, mix with the mincemeat and chopped almonds.
4. Roll pastry to approximately 3mm/ 1/8 in thickness and use a 8cm/3 ½ in cutter to make 20 rounds. Line a deep bun tin with the rounds. Spoon approximately 1 ½ tbsp of mincemeat into each case. Use the leftover pastry to cut for the lattice topping.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
6. Serve with some cream or brandy butter as an indulgent dessert.
Recipe: Ocean Spray
Want more easy, delicious, festive recipes? Download our Christmas Made Easy app – just £1.99 on your iPad.
Download from the App Store today!
Don’t forget to rate us!