Tray bakes couldn’t be easier to make. Perfect for parties, an after-dinner munch or even as a Friday lunchbox treat, this chocolatey tray bake is simple but delicious. Topped with sweets, we think the kids will definitely be giving this one the thumbs up!
YOU WILL NEED:
25g cocoa powder, sifted
3 tbsp water, hot
225g caster sugar
300g self raising flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp Rachel’s Greek Style natural low fat yogurt
For the icing:
150g dark chocolate
100g double cream
100g Rachel’s Greek Style natural low fat yogurt
2 tubes of Smarties or children’s sweets
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 25-30 mins
HOW TO MAKE IT:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Grease and line a small tray bake tin measuring 30 x 23cm.
2. Measure the cocoa and water into a small bowl and mix well to form a smooth paste.
3. In a mixing bowl add all the other ingredients and beat well until creamed, fluffy and light in colour, then add the cocoa paste and mix again. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin.
4. Bake for about 25 – 35 minutes, until springy to touch. Check by inserting a skewer into the centre of the cake and if it comes out clean the cake is cooked. Transfer to a cooling rack and leave to completely cool in the tin.
5. To make the icing, heat the chocolate with the cream in a bowl over a pan of gently simmering water and stir until melted. Leave to one side to thicken and cool slightly 6. When the cake has cooled, pour over the icing and spread with a palette knife and decorate.