Chocolate, raspberry, cheesecake and brownies are four of our favourite words, so it’s no big surprise this treat is one of our all-time favourites.
YOU WILL NEED:
For the brownie mix:
280g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
170g Green & Black’s Dark (70% Cocoa Solids) Chocolate
350g unrefined Fairtrade golden caster sugar
70g plain flour
Pinch of salt
5 medium free-range eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
100g Green & Black’s White Chocolate, broken into small pieces
For the cheesecake mix:
350g cream cheese
75g unrefined Fairtrade golden caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 medium free-range eggs
170g fresh raspberries
HOW TO MAKE IT:
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4. Grease and line a 20cm square brownie tin.
2. To make the brownie mixture, melt the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of barely simmering water, making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Stir until completely melted and combined. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
3. Combine the sugar, flour and salt in a large mixing bowl, pour over the cooled chocolate and mix until smooth. Beat the eggs separately before adding to the mixing bowl along with the vanilla extract and the white chocolate.
4. Blend together until you create a shiny chocolatey mixture. Pour this into the prepared tin.
5. Next make the cheesecake mixture. Whisk the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract and eggs until smooth and creamy. Pour this carefully over the brownie mix, trying to create an even layer.
6. Use a fork to drag the cheesecake mix through the brownie mix to create a marbled effect. Drop the raspberries into the tray. Try to ensure that the raspberries are almost fully pushed into the mixture.
7. Bake for about 35–40 minutes. After 30 minutes remove the tin and check to see if the brownies are set but still have a slight wobble to them; return to the oven if they need a little longer. Leave to cool in the tin, covered with foil.
8. Once cooled, take the yummy brownies out of the tin, cut into 16 pieces and serve to your lucky guests.