We make it cake o’clock! This carrot cake recipe from Rachel’s is light and moist with a creamy cheese and yogurt frosting – in a nutshell, delish!
YOU WILL NEED:
150g light brown sugar
150ml vegetable oil
3 large eggs, beaten
150g self raising flour, sifted
1tsp ground cinnamon
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
250g carrots, peeled and grated
100g Rachel’s low fat vanilla yogurt
For the frosting:
200g soft cheese
75g icing sugar
70g Rachel’s low fat vanilla yogurt
Serves: 6-8 slices
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 50 mins
HOW TO MAKE IT:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4. Grease and line a 18cm/7inch round loose bottom tin.
2. Using a mixer with a balloon whisk, whisk the sugar with the vegetable oil and then gradually add in the eggs.
3. Fold in the flour, cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda. Add the carrots, raisins and yogurt and mix thoroughly.
4. Tip the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 40 – 50 minutes until firm to touch. Insert a skewer into the centre of the cake and if it comes out clean the cake is cooked. Transfer to a cooling rack.
5. To make the frosting, beat the soft cheese with the icing sugar and yogurt until smooth.
6. Decorate the cake with the frosting using a knife or the back of a spoon and spread to the sides. Transfer to a serving plate and slice.