Love Maltesers? Our favourite honeycomb treats are great for whipping up some delicious baking goodies. These banana muffins couldn’t be easier to make and the chocolately twist is one we can definitely get on board with!
YOU WILL NEED:
200g (7oz) plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
50g (2oz) TREX
100g (4oz) caster sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large banana, mashed
100ml (4fl oz) milk
50g (2oz) Maltesers roughly chopped
HOW TO MAKE THEM:
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C /fan oven180°C /Gas Mark 6. Place eight paper muffin cases into a muffin tray, or line with squares of greaseproof paper.
2. Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl, then rub in the TREX with your fingertips. Stir in the sugar.
3. In a jug, beat together the egg, vanilla extract, banana and milk. Add to the dry ingredients with the chopped Maltesers and stir until just combines. Do not over-mix.
4. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and transfer to the oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes until rise and golden. Cool on a wire tack.
5. For the topping, beat together the butter, muscovado sugar and icing sugar until smooth and creamy. Swirl an equal amount on top of each muffin, then decorate with banana chips and Maltesers.