Admit it, you were as hooked on The Night Manager as we were, and sexy lead actor Tom Hiddleston was part of the reason why – right?!
Best known for his film roles in Thor, The Avengers and War Horse, British actor Tom really, and we mean really, caught people’s attention here in the UK with his starring turn in The Night Manager. But, who exactly is this dashing English gent? And where has he come from? Read on to discover 11 things you never knew about newcomer Tom Hiddleston…
Our favourite Tom Hiddleston facts
1. He’s got royal connections – Prince William was actually one of his schoolmates at Eton!
2. He’s a really good cook. One of his favourite dishes? A delicious take on Bolognese. Tom’s top tip is to braise it in the oven after browning it on the stove – and add bacon!
Word on the street is that Tom likes to relax with a cup of Earl Grey with a splash of milk…
But when on nights out he enjoys the odd Jameson on the rocks!
And what does he do when he’s nursing a hangover from the night before? Apparently his favorite TV shows are Fawlty Towers (man after our own heart) and his favourite movie to chill out to is Heat, starring Al Pacino!
6. He’s award winning! He recently won Best Actor at the Golden Globe Awards for his performance in The Night Manager.
7. He lives alone in Camden, London, and enjoys nights in on the sofa watching movies. Can we join, Tom?
8. According to GQ, Tom enjoys long walks, “to think stuff over, to figure out his lines, to process what’s going on in his life”. Nice.
9. He’s REALLY talented! He graduated from Cambridge with a double first in Classics and then went onto study at RADA…
10. Plus when he wasn’t studying he took up music and apparently loves to play the bass-baritone and the trumpet. Who knew?!
11. Fancy trying to meet the famous actor? One of his favourite pubs in London is in Hampstead Heath and is called The Bull & Last. But you didn’t hear it from us!
Keep your eyes peeled for Tom in the up and coming movies, I Saw The Light and Kong: Scull Island.