Anyone who is anyone from the world of TV turned out for the BAFTA awards in London last night and Woman’s Own was there.
Taking place at the Royal Festival Hall and hosted by Graham Norton, the night saw one of our favourite actresses, Olivia Colman, 39, walking away with two awards as well as trophies being handed out to Eastenders and Alan Carr.
Other winners on the night included Last Tango in Halifax, which won the award for best drama series, Mary Berry’s The Great British Bake Off for best feature and Clare Balding who won the night’s special award.
Another lucky lady to walk away with an award was Mrs Biggs star Sheridan Smith who won the leading actress gong. A clearly emotional Sheridan looked around her as she accepted the award asking, ‘Is this a joke?’.
The full winners list looks like this:
- Ben Whishaw – Richard II (The Hollow Crown)
- Sheridan Smith – Mrs Biggs
- Simon Russell Beale – Henry IV Part 2 (The Hollow Crown)
- Olivia Colman – Accused (Mo’s Story)
- Graham Norton for The Graham Norton Show
- Alan Carr – Alan Carr: Chatty Man
Female Performance in a Comedy Programme
- Olivia Colman for Twenty Twelve
Male Performance in a Comedy Programme
- Steve Coogan for Welcome To The Places Of My Life
- Room At The Top
- Last Tango In Halifax
Soap and Continuing Drama
- Our War
- All In The Best Possible Taste with Grayson Perry
- 7/7: One Day In London
- The Great British Bake Off
Reality and Constructed Factual
- Made In Chelsea
- The Shame Of The Catholic Church (This World)
- Hillsborough – The Truth At Last (Granada Reports)
Sport and Live Event
- The London 2012 Paralympic Games
- The Revolution Will Be Televised
- Twenty Twelve
Radio Times Audience Award (voted for by members of the public)
- Game of Thrones