Seasoned actor, and documentary filmmaker, Ross Kemp is set to return to our screens as loveable rogue Grant Mitchell, and we couldn't be more excited about his Eastenders comeback!
To help you countdown the days until Ross Kemp’s reappearance on Albert Square, we’ve unearthed 9 things you never knew about the man himself. Happy reading.
1. He made his soap debut in Emmerdale
This smouldering pic shows a young Ross Kemp in his pivotal role as army deserter and all round tearaway Graham Loadsworth. Doesn’t he look handsome?
2. His favourite choice of footwear? Birkenstocks!
Yes you heard that right! Though steel cap boots may be a more sensible choice for Kemp’s line of work, he joins celebrity Birkenstock fans including Leonardo Di Caprio and Jamie Oliver.
3. He went to the same school as TOWIE star and daytime TV presenter Ferne McCann
They may be world’s apart when it comes to their TV careers, but both Ross and Ferne spent their secondary years at Shenfield High School in Essex. Who knew?!
4. His greatest weakness is…chocolate
And who can blame him?
5. He appeared in this ad for Kellogg’s Fruit and Fibre early on in his career
Now this is one advert we can really get our teeth into! Hilarious!
6. He swears by the moisturising power of Oil of Olay
It’s true, he’s said to be a fan of the girlie brand! “I’ve always been a great believer in moisturiser,” Kemp says.
7. The side-splitting meme – Ross Kemp Folds – continues to take the internet by storm
Take one picture of Ross Kemp, add in some creative folds and a viral meme is born. This piece of handiwork is entitled ‘Concerning News’. For more hilarious examples click HERE to visit one of the many sites dedicated to the Ross Kemp folds phenomenon.
8. He’s appeared in a whopping 995 episodes of Eastenders!
Grant’s also had three TV wives (Sharon, Tiffany and Carla) spanning from 1990-2006, two children – Mark Fowler junior and Courtney Mitchell – been accused of attempted murder once and had countless near death scrapes.
9. Hi first kiss was with the girl next door
Mandy sure was one lucky girl! Sweet!