A quick, lightly spiced vegetarian chickpea casserole, full of healthy ingredients from the makers of Le Creuset.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small green chilli, deseeded and
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 6 tablespoons water
- 250g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 150g baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in the casserole over a medium heat, add the onion, garlic, chilli, ginger and sea salt and fry for 5 minutes until the onion is soft.
- Stir in the chickpeas, cumin and turmeric and season with pepper. Pour in the measured water and stir until it has been absorbed.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for a further 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the spinach and lemon juice until the leaves are wilted. Taste and season with extra salt and pepper, if needed.