Award winning actress Julie Walters, 65, is one of our all time favourite stars. Not only is she a talented performer, but she’s also a dab hand in the kitchen too! Here is her special recipe for irresistible Rocky Road – she even makes her own honeycomb! [bows down]
Makes 12 slices
- 100g caster sugar
- 50g clear honey
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Line a 20cm square tin with baking parchment (not greaseproof). Place ingredients except bicarb in a medium/large saucepan and over low heat, dissolve sugar then turn up the heat and cook until dark gold/amber is achieved.
- Working quickly, take off heat and immediately, sieve over the bicarb, the mixture will foam and very gently stir with a whisk.
- Poor mixture into tin and leave for 1 hour minimum to harden.
- Once ready, lightly crush so you have small and larger pieces (this can be stored in an air-tight container).
- 110g salted butter cubed
- 120g digestives, lightly crushed
- 90g soft brown sugar
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 100g milk or dark chocolate
- 75g honeycomb
- 50g raisins or other dried fruit
- To coat – 100g milk or dark chocolate
> Loaf tin 25cm x 10cm, lined with baking parchment or cling-film
- Place butter, sugar, golden syrup, cocoa and chocolate in a saucepan and melt gently over low heat.
- Remove from heat, cool until tepid and then add biscuits, raisins and honeycomb. Mix and then spoon mixture into the tin and level top, gently pressing the mixture into the tin with the back of the spoon.
- Cover and place in fridge to set for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Remove the Rocky Road from the tin, melt the remaining 100g chocolate and pour over the top. Return to the fridge to set.
- To serve, cut into 1cm thick slices using a hot sharp knife.
Macmillan provided all the celebrity and Julie Walters recipes.
For more amazing recipes from some of your favourite TV stars and celebrities, click here…