This classic mac and cheese recipe is a real family winner! The ideal dinner for everyone, this easy to make cheesy pasta dish tastes amazing. And the secret ingredient? Spreadable cheese!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 – 30 minutes
What you need:
15 g butter
1 garlic clove crushed
A few sprigs of time leaves stripped and stalks discarded
1 heaped tbs flour
150 ml milk
Salt and pepper
250g spreadable Cathedral City spreadable cheddar cheese
What you need to do:
Pre heat oven to 200/ fan 180C/gas 6
- Fill a large pan with water, add salt and bring to the boil while you make the sauce.
- Add the butter to a deep pan and melt on a medium heat. Once bubbling, add the crushed garlic and thyme leaves and fry for 1 minute.
- Mix in the flour and then add the milk a little at a time, whisking constantly until smooth.
- Season to taste then add the spreadable Cathedral City cheddar and whisk in to the mix.
- Toss the pasta in to the boiling water and cook according to packet instructions.
- Pour the pasta into the cheese sauce and mix everything together.
- Tip in to a deep 20cm squared oven proof dish and bake for 25- 30 minutes until the top is crispy and golden.
- Serve straight away with lots of fresh green salad.
For more Cathedral City inspiration and recipe ideas see facebook.com/CathedralCity/