Stuck for something to do for the 90 minutes the football is on? Try baking this quick and easy strawberry cheesecake. A word of warning though, you won’t want to share…
YOU WILL NEED
500g Yeo Valley 0% Fat Natural Yeogurt
227ml Double Cream
2 heaped tbsp icing sugar
2 drops vanilla essence
140g digestive biscuits, crushed
50g Unsalted Butter
450g Yeo Valley Rhubarb & Strawberry Compote
Prep time: 60 min
Chill time: 30 mins
HOW TO DO IT
1. Add a pinch of salt to the 0% Fat Natural Yeogurt and stir. Line a sieve with a clean cotton tea towel, put it on a large jug and pour the Yeogurt on the tea towel. Cover and transfer to the fridge for at least an hour
2. Next, line the base of a 23cm spring-form cake tin with parchment paper.
3. Melt the butter, crush the biscuits and mix them together. Pour the mixture into the cake tin, spread evenly and press it down firmly.
4. Remove the Yeogurt from the fridge (careful not to spill the liquid in the jug) and remove the cheese that’s in the tea towel.
5. Put the cheese, cream, sugar and vanilla essence into an electric mixer and whisk until well mixed and the cream has started to form a soft whip. Do not over whisk.
6. Spread the cheese mix over the biscuit base and smooth out with the back of a spoon. Leave to chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
7. To serve, slice the cake into wedges and spoon over the Yeo Valley Rhubarb & Strawberry Compote – or you could try our other compotes, Summer Berry and Apple & Blackberry.
Why not try one of our delicious meat recipes?