Perfect for when you want to serve smaller amounts, kids and party guests alike will love these cute mini pumpkin soups. So easy to make and so tasty, you can make plenty and freeze some for a later time.
Prep time: 25 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
- 1 kg pumpkin or butternut squash
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 500ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 1/2 tbsp Tabasco® Pepper Sauce
- 150ml double cream
- 6-8 mini pumpkins (for serving)
- Cut the pumpkin or squash in half and scoop out the fibres and seeds. You can keep the seeds to toast (see tip). Using a sharp knife or strong peeler, cut off all the skin, then cut the pumpkin or squash into chunks.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the chopped onion for about 10 minutes until soft and tender but not browned. Add the pumpkin/squash and fry for a few minutes then add the stock. Bring to the boil, turn down the heat and cook for about 15 minutes or until the squash is very tender when pierced with a knife. Using a hand blender, puree the soup until smooth. Return the soup to the pan, add the Tabasco® Pepper Sauce to taste and the cream.
- To serve your soup in a hollowed out pumpkin, use the tip of a very sharp knife to cut off the lid. Scoop out all the seeds and flesh. If liked heat the pumpkin in a hot oven (180c fan, Gas 6) for 10 minutes before use.
- Serve in small hollowed out pumpkins or individual bowls topped with pumpkin seeds and a drizzle of Tabasco.