Lola’s Cupcakes are famous for their amazing baking. Indulge yourself with these heavenly fudge brownie cupcakes from Lola’s Kitchen for 57p per serving!
YOU WILL NEED
For the cupcake:
250g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
190g dark chocolate (70% cocoa), chopped
130g soft butter, cubed
250g caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
60g chopped nuts (optional)
60g white chocolate (optional)
Store brought milk chocolate sauce to drizzle
12 small cubes of home-made brownie (for decoration)
For the topping:
100g caster sugar
¾ tsp lemon juice
225ml pouring or whipping cream
300g milk chocolate, finely chopped
Prep time: 2 hours 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Cost per serving: 57p
HOW TO DO IT
1. Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F / Gas Mark 4
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
3. Put the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Do not let the base of the bowl touch the water. Heat, stirring, until the chocolate melts and you have a smooth, glossy mixture.
4. Remove from the heat and beat in the sugar and vanilla with an electric hand mixer
5. Add the eggs, one at a time and beat briefly until just combined.
6. Reduce the speed to low and add the sifted dry ingredients. Beat briefly again until just combined. Stir in the chopped nuts and white chocolate, if using, then divide the mixture between 12 muffin cases in a muffin pan.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until well risen and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
8. Remove from the oven and let cool completely on a wire rack before decorating.
9. Make the caramel chocolate ganache topping whilst the cupcakes cool
10. Put the sugar, lemon juice and 60ml water in a saucepan and stir.
11. Cook over a medium-high heat until the sugar dissolves, then cook without stirring until dark caramel in colour, about 7-10 minutes
12. Remove the pan from the heat, add the cream and stir briskly to combine – beware that the sugar syrup will be dangerously hot and will bubble and spit when you pour the cream in!
13. Add the chocolate and stir until melted and smooth. Allow to cool completely (about 1 hour), whisking occasionally.
14. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours, whisking occasionally.
15. Spread the icing over the cold cupcakes using a spatula. Drizzle with chocolate sauce and top with a mini chunk of brownie.
Like this? Try this:
Strawberry Daquiri Cupcake Recipe The ultimate combo – cocktails and cake