YOU WILL NEED:
225g boneless chicken breast diced into 1inch pieces
1tsp light soy sauce
1tsp shaoxing rice wine
1tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp groundnut oil
1 ½ tbsp finely sliced shallots
1 ½ tbsp coarsely chopped garlic
½ tbsp coarsely chopped ginger
1-2 tbsp Thai green curry paste
½ tbsp fish sauce
200ml coconut milk
Large handful of Thai basil leaves
HOW TO MAKE IT:
1. Combine the chicken with the soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine and cornflour.
2. Mix well and leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
3. Heat the wok until very hot and slightly smoking, add the groundnut oil and marinated chicken.
4. Stir fry for 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
5. When the chicken is browned, transfer it to a stainless steel colander set inside a bowl leaving behind 1 tbsp of oil in the wok.
6. While the chicken is draining, reheat the wok, then add the shallots, garlic and ginger and stir fry for 3 minutes.
7. Add the Thai green curry paste, fish sauce, sugar and coconut milk. Turn the heat down and leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
8. Return the chicken to the wok and finish with the Thai basil leaves and serve with sticky jasmine rice.
9. Pour a glass of something cold to accompany one of my favourite recipes.
Ken Hom’s range of chilled ready meals are available from Tesco. This year Ken celebrates 30 years as the nation’s favourite TV chef, to download a copy of his 30th career anniversary booklet, please visit www.kenhom.co.uk.