These grilled Cadbury Creme egg banana boats are loaded with pecans and marshmallow for the ultimate fruity Easter treat! The best bit? One banana boat is just 220 calories
INGREDIENTS – FOR THE BANANA BASE
- 6 large ripe bananas unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons of chopped pecans
- 6 teaspoons of mini marshmallow
INGREDIENTS – FOR THE CADBURY CREME EGG GANACHE
- 4 Cadbury Creme Eggs, melted
- 100g butter
METHOD – FOR THE BANANAS
- Cut 6 (12-inch) sheets of Foil. Heat gas or charcoal BBQ, or heat oven to 180°c
- With a sharp knife, make a deep cut lengthwise in the inside curve of each banana, being careful not to cut all the way through. Open slit to form a pocket. Cover the banana with 1 sheet of foil (leaving the slit open to fill), forming boats.
- Holding each banana in hand, fill the pocket,1/2 teaspoons marshmallows and about 1/2 a heaped teaspoon of chopped pecans into each banana.
- Seal top of foil, leaving 2 to 3 inches headspace. Place on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until marshmallows soften. Or bake 15 to 20 minutes in oven until marshmallows soften. If you are baking them on a BBQ use the same timings as in the oven.
METHOD FOR THE CADBURY CREME EGG GANACHE
- In a saucepan heat up a small amount of water and place a glass bowl on top (like a bain marie)
- Place the 4 Cadbury Creme Eggs and butter in the glass bowl and stir until all the ingredients have melted (this should take approximately 4 or 5 mins).The mixture should have a slight gloss and be quite runny.
- Leave to cool for a minute or two. Drizzle the ganache over the banana and top with broken pieces of Cadbury Creme Egg /extra nuts for garnish!